[AccessD] Faux console

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:02:20 CDT 2011

I was looking at that at first, but I think it required the "console" to
have focus, and I just wanted to update it.

I got it working:

Private Sub UpdateStatus(StatusText As String)
Dim intCurrPos As Integer
Dim intNumberOfVbCrLFs As Integer, intFirstVbCrLf As Integer, FoundVbCrLf As
Integer

intCurrPos = 1

Me.txtStatus = Me.txtStatus + StatusText & vbCrLf

Do Until intCurrPos >= Len(Me.txtStatus.Value)
    FoundVbCrLf = InStr(intCurrPos, Me.txtStatus.Value, vbCrLf)
    If FoundVbCrLf Then 'found
        If intFirstVbCrLf = 0 Then intFirstVbCrLf = FoundVbCrLf
        intCurrPos = FoundVbCrLf + 2
        intNumberOfVbCrLFs = intNumberOfVbCrLFs + 1
        If intCurrPos > Len(Me.txtStatus.Value) Then Exit Do
    Else 'not found
        intCurrPos = intCurrPos + 1
    End If
Loop

If intNumberOfVbCrLFs > 16 Then Me.txtStatus = Right(Me.txtStatus.Value,
Len(Me.txtStatus.Value) - (intFirstVbCrLf + 1))

End Sub