[AccessD] find the right event

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 30 14:08:28 CDT 2011

Hi All:

I have just been given the project to update an Access database 2003.

I am a little foggy on some of the methods and event so here is the
question.

On form TWO a status field is toggled and then the form is closed. Form ONE,
which was already open also has the same status field as in form TWO. Note:
If you move off the current record, on form ONE, and back on again the
status field updates correctly.

The issue is that I would like to have some way or be able to monitor some
event within code to know that there has been a change to the form
recordsource/record so the appropriate requery/refresh can be performed.

So far I have found no form event that is triggered upon focus back to form
ONE other than the Activate event but no programmed action can be performed
at this point.

It does seem that this should be very simple.

TIA
Jim