[AccessD] Cascading menus sort of

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Fri May 20 06:47:42 CDT 2011

Hi,

Working on a database application where the client wants what she refers
to as primary and secondary drop-downs.  The description is of a
drop-list wherein two of the items have secondary drop-lists.  This is
to be able to select specific reports to print.  So, one report, called
"Post It" would have a second selection criterion of which counselor the
report is for.

To me, this sounds like a cascading menu - commonly found in the
Microsoft Office Suite programs - but I don't know how to construct that
in Access.  Perhaps the Treeview approach is a good option.  I'd love a
little feedback on how to meet this client's need.

Thanks,
Tina