[AccessD] POP mail automation

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon May 9 21:29:44 CDT 2011

 > Do you mean you want to use POP3 to retrieve emails and store them inside your Access
application?   Or get Access to trigger the email client to download  and store the messages.

Well, it really depends on what I am doing.  I think pull down the emails and allow Access to "read
them".

Just as an example one client will be sending out email to volunteers working an event.  I would
like to set up some sort of "opt-out" where they could reply with a code in the subject which would
cause me to remove them from the list.

In other cases I might send out a word document which the user could open and fill out and then return.

I have never done either of these things so I am not exactly sure where I can take this.

Basically I need to be able to pull in emails into a lightweight automatable client and do things
with them.  I automate Outlook for clients, but I cannot be certain that the user of any given app
will own outlook.

At a minimum I would like to be able to read the from, subject and also see attachments.