[AccessD] POP mail automation

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Wed May 11 11:02:35 CDT 2011

I personally hate all of the Microsoft email options. I've tried CDO,
CDONTS, and MAPI, and all have crippling drawbacks.

I finally found a WinSock-based VBA module that sends email with no fuss: no
external references are required, just hooks to kernel32 and wsock32 dlls.
But even this code isn't up to my standards, so I can't recommend it as a
truly robust CDO alternative.

Also worth noting:

fake sendmail for windows
http://glob.com.au/sendmail/

It's a command-line exe that you can shell out to send emails.

Also, see the "alternatives" section.

-Ken