[AccessD] Access 32 vs 64-bit

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Thu May 12 17:24:36 CDT 2011

There is a 64-bit Access 2010 runtime:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=57A350CD-5250-4D
F6-BFD1-6CED700A6715&displaylang=en

Bobby

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Doug Murphy
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:42 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Access 32 vs 64-bit

For folks who may face this situation that originated this thread. I have an
Access 2002 runtime working on a Windows 7 64 machine in parallel with a
full install of Office 10. This the 32 bit version of Office not 64. As
others have said, stay away from Office 2010 64.

So if you have an Access application to run on a machine with the 64 bit
version of Office I'd suggest using the runtime for whatever version of
Access the application was developed in.

Doug