[AccessD] another tab control issue

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon May 16 16:29:06 CDT 2011

Yeah, tab forms and subforms sometimes don't resize right with the ADH code
- although I've never found anything better.  On tab and subform forms I'll
set up variables for the size and location - sub-forms only seem to need
height adjusted:

Dim sglSubFormHeight As Single

Dim sglTabPagesHeight As Single
Dim sglTabPagesTop As Single
Dim sglTabPagesWidth As Single
Dim sglTabPagesLeft As Single

I modified the resizing code to put the x and y resizing factors into global
variable gsglFactorX and gsglFactorY.

Then in the open event where I'm doing the resizing I save the values of
those properties, resize, and then force the sizes of those objects :

    sglSubFormHeight = Me.subfrmWorkOrderAutomation_Create.Height

    sglTabPagesHeight = Me.TabPages.Height
    sglTabPagesTop = Me.TabPages.Top
    sglTabPagesWidth = Me.TabPages.Width
    sglTabPagesLeft = Me.TabPages.Left

    Application.Echo False
    Call adhScaleForm(Me, 800, 600, 96, 96, rctOriginal)
    If DLookup("TurnScreenResizingOff", "tblPreferences") = False Then
        Me.TabPages.Height = sglTabPagesHeight * gsglFactorY
        Me.TabPages.Top = sglTabPagesTop * gsglFactorY
        Me.TabPages.Width = sglTabPagesWidth * gsglFactorX
        Me.TabPages.Left = sglTabPagesLeft * gsglFactorX

        Me.subfrmWorkOrderAutomation_Create.Height = sglSubFormHeight *
gsglFactorY
    End If

HTH

Rocky Smolin