[AccessD] 2 quick questions

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu May 26 15:35:52 CDT 2011

John,

<<It is not air-tight, so to speak, but I don't see another way...I'm just
looking for opinions on this...>>

  You need to:

1. Use an auto number as the "primary key" for the table.
2. Add an additional index on the table based on the last name, first name,
middle init and DOB (this is the true primary key).  You should never use
parts of field as part of a key. It's the whole field or nothing.
3. Provide a lookup in the interface for the user to select the right person
based on the true primary key.

  The auto number just gains you performance within the DB.

Jim.