[AccessD] OT - Database for dot net project

newsgrps newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Tue Nov 8 13:04:37 CST 2011

This is sort of off topic but I will give it a shot.

I am considering learning dot net and thought I would do a simple
windows application project that can be distributed that has a single
table of address information (perhaps being expanded to up to 5 tables).

My reading indicates that I can create an installable package ok but
I am unsure about the database part.  I have seen examples which use
SQL Server or Access but both of these seem overkill in this
situation - likely users will not have either of these installed and
it seems crazy to include runtime installations just for one table
(or even if there were up to 5 tables).

Assuming that a similar application was created for actual
distribution what would be a suitable solution for storing the data
in these circumstances (or is a dot net application not the right
tool for this job?)

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd