[AccessD] Windows can be so much fun

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Sat Nov 5 09:26:40 CDT 2011

There is no question that John's talent for building these high performance
servers is very valuable.
However, for most workstations, I think anything beyond a dual core
processor is a huge waste of CPU Cycles.
I was at a client site on Friday working with a 3 year old workstation
running Vista.
After running a week or so with my poorly tuned AMD "Frankenbuild", even
that Vista workstation was abjectly S L O W.
I was shocked ! All of the gaming guys on the forums had been panning MY
SYSTEM as slow, slow,slow.
Unless you are building a server, I think anything over 4 gigs RAM is a huge
waste....especially if you've got an SSD.