[AccessD] Q&Q

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Sun Nov 6 16:24:44 CST 2011

Yes, I often wonder about that too.  Which of today's tracks are going to be listened to, studied and reproduced in 200 years?  Of course a lot of it used to come down to luck, what survived the years of fire, wars, fashion and chaos.   Perhaps with digital storage that may less of a problem, or more likely (I fear), a real problem (what if the power went off tomorrow, how much IP and data would we instantly & permanently lose?).  Anyway I digress.

The other thing about some of the classical composers that amazes me was just how prodigious and consistent their output was. Sure the Beatles and stones had a few good albums, but look at Mozart's back catalogue just a one example...  The hits keeps coming so to speak.

Anyway, an interesting idea to think about.  Am am pretty confident that hardly anything in the top 10 pop charts or any given week will be there in 5 years, let alone 200....