[AccessD] INSERT Syntax Error

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com
Fri Nov 11 11:19:46 CST 2011

When appending, it is

INSERT INTO TableName(Field, OtherField) In 'X:\SomePath\SomeFile.ext'
SELECT Atable.Field, Atable.OtherField FROM Atable

But for Make Tables it is

SELECT Atable.Field, Atable.OtherField INTO SomeTable IN 'X:\SomePath\SomeFile.ext' FROM Atable

But if all fields are being appended you don't need to specify the field names in parentheses

So Rocky's solution would in fact be

db1.Execute "INSERT INTO tblProductStructure in '" & Me.txtTargetDatabase & "' SELECT tblBOMReport.* from tblBOMReport"

You can find all this out by imply building the query in design mode and then selecting 'Append' or 'Make-Table' fro the menus and choosing the 'Another Database' radio button in the dialog box. Then just look at the SQL Access has built for you.

Lambert