[AccessD] New SQL Server license scheme is RADICALLLY more expensive

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Nov 12 20:16:28 CST 2011

In fact I have gotten rid of all my old hardware.  When I moved to VMs I no longer needed all those
other machines.  I just upgraded my VM Server to AM3+ and DDR3 but gave the old AM2+ MB and DDR2
memory to Paul to put to work as a Unraid backup system for his house.  So I have no extra hardware
to throw at this.

I am thinking about moving the VMs down to Azul, the mongo 16 core server.  Two out of three VMs
would reside there quite happily.  The third needs high core speed and the server cores run at 2
ghz.  Plus it needs fast SSD and I would need to migrate that into the Azul box as well.

It really makes sense to host most of my current VMs there but for that one somewhat high
requirement system.  I haven't given up on the idea but implementing it is not trivial.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it