[AccessD] New SQL Server license scheme is RADICALLLY more expensive

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 12:20:29 CST 2011

My hardware is pretty modest, Shamil, especially when compared with JWC's.
On the OS side, I run Windows 7 Ultimate. On the hardware side, the
workstation is a gracefully aging HP with 4GB of RAM and a few hard disks
and a dual-layer DVD burner. Oh yeah, there's also a USB hard disk with a
mere 250 GB. That's about it. Oh, I forgot the flash-memory sticks: a pair
of 16 GB sticks. I'm considering mounting the new version of Solaris on one
of them.

I should add that I don't run everything all at once; what's the point of
running Ubuntu and Mint simultaneously? The one problem that I have with my
setup is that I don't have a Windows XP VM. Within the Ubuntu VM and also
the base Windows 7 boot, I run Chrome as my browser, but each instance
opens pages related to the particular OS. I find this approach leads to
less confusion, and since I'm going to become 64 in two days, I have to
consider confusion as a major topic LOL.

A.