[AccessD] New SQL Server license scheme is RADICALLLY moreexpensive

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Nov 15 11:58:02 CST 2011

Hans --

Than you for your remark.

Sorry, but I'm talking about "Total Cost of Ownership" (TCO) (long run costs - license, development, support etc.)

.NET/C# (VS2010) + MS SQL   vs.  mySQL + ... (?).....

I haven 't seen any real figures - did you?

My feeling is that .NET/C# 4.0 (VS2010) + MS SQL TCO is (considerably) lower even with that high license costs as JC quotes...

Thank you.

-- Shamil