[AccessD] How to configure WUA (was: New SQL Server license scheme ...)

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 17 14:23:55 CST 2011

<rant mode: on>

That is exactly how I set things as I have done this many times before.
Maybe I may have over-looked this process once or twice but when it starts
happening more on a continuous bases I starting suspecting the previous
updates assistance.

I have now learned after each update to go and turn-off auto-updates but I
am caught occasionally. All I want it to is just stay off, period. I can
understand auto-updates being the default setting on workstations but having
the same on servers is crazy. IMHO, Auto-update for servers does not need to
exist.

</rant mode: off>

Jim

PS My current versions of Linux, do regular updates, always asks to start,
rarely requires a reboot and always asks when it does. That process works
for me.