[AccessD] Cloud Development

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Wed Nov 30 13:55:17 CST 2011

It's basically the same thing with different tools and a different platform, except concepts such as storage and such are now abstracted into another service layer. The same for the CPU and database, etc. Companies are basically just taking on the overwhelming cost of scaling and providing platforms for smaller business to base their web and infrastructure on.

Other than that, its often just used as a Marketting lingo to loosely describe another form of whizzbang hosting for some specific service or other.

Best regards,
Hans-Christian Andersen