[AccessD] Comparing times in different time zones

Kenneth W Van Huss kvanhuss at airrsystem.com
Mon Oct 24 22:13:16 CDT 2011

I have an unmet challenge relating to comparing times in different time
zones.  User on the other side of the world, literally enters time of an
event.  When the user saves the record in the database that time is
captured, though the time is the server time, located in US central time
zone.  Using UTC offset I have "normalized" the times to UTC to compare
against one another to ensure the record was entered within a certain amount
of time.  The challenge I see down the road is Day Light Savings time and
the impact that will have on the offset.  Anyone experience this before?

Thanks!

Ken