[AccessD] Problem with .Net and Access

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:14:34 CDT 2011

Hello All:

I have two very similar .Net 4.0 websites which use Access back ends.

The first site runs on a Windows 7 server with IIS7 and has no problem
accessing the Access back end in a multi user environment.

The second site runs OK on my development machine on Win 7 and IIS7.

I am trying to get the second site to run on the client's Windows XP server
with  IIS5.1.  It runs perfectly well as long as it has exclusive access to
the back end db, but as soon as the back end db is opened by another user, I
get a "Could not use ''; file already in use" message.

The connection strings in the two sites are identical.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Doug