[AccessD] Value List ListBox retuning Null instead of one of its Columns

William Benson vbacreations at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:20:27 CDT 2011

I have a listbox. It is ValueList rowsourceType. That rowsource is

001005065;HOLLISTON MILLS INC

I am trying to query the column property in order to get
HOLLISTON MILLS INC

but it is coming back as null

?lstCompany.Column(0,1)
Null
?lstCompany.Column(0,0)
001005065
?lstCompany.columncount
 2
?lstCompany.rowsource
001005065;HOLLISTON MILLS INC

Can someone tell me if there is a different property I am supposed to use?

Nothing is selected in the listbox, it is a single-row listbox specifically
designed to hold a value in a hidden column (in this case '001005065') and
display the other value ('HOLLISTON MILLS INC') which it does wonderfully,
but it is not giving me access to the second column.

Note:  I am very aware I can, since I know the rowsource, parse it and
retrieve the HOLLISTON MILLS INC part .. that is my current workaround. but
I would like to better understand what is going on.

Thanks!!!