[AccessD] Geek to Live: Secure your saved passwords in Firefox

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Oct 2 13:06:47 CDT 2011

Apparently Firefox encrypts them using a common encryption algorithm and a master password you
supply.  Then the first time that you go to a web page where you need to log in (and have a saved
password), Firefox asks you for your master password.  Using that it decrypts the passwords and
supplies the username / password for that web page.

I am using that now for firefox.  Of course I also just switched to Chrome...

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting