[AccessD] Object or class does not support the set of events

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Oct 3 10:02:56 CDT 2011

John, there are several known causes of this issue.

One in particular, in relation to Windows 7 and different versions of
Access, is that Office 2003 is not being allowed to tweak some registry
settings when it boots, after a different version was running.

Someone already mentioned, with the system setups you have, you should
just stick to one version of Office per machine, will make life
easier....

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:51 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Object or class does not support the set of events

Holy cow man things just get worse and worse.

In lookingup the error message in the subject I found something about
having Access "run as administrator".  Somehow I found and set that and
now *everything* is broken.  As I open Access it does the UAC thing
(screen dims and asks if i want to allow the application to make
changes), then Access tries to open and gives me a "There was a problem
sending the command to the program.", then Access does in fact open.

What have I done and how do I undo it?  I cannot seem to find my back to
where I set that property.
  Will a restore point get rid of this crap?

I have billing to get done and I am broken.  I have spent two hours on
just this stuff and I am now further from a solution than when I
started.

Colby Consulting