[AccessD] The windows 7 upgrade experience

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Oct 3 10:07:54 CDT 2011

There ya go!  Way to stay cutting edge.... Windows 8 is almost out! ;)
(Just ribbing ya a bit JWC)

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 7:37 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] The windows 7 upgrade experience

I moved my 3 year old Dell M90 laptop to Windows.  I purchased the
Seagate Momentus XT hybrid drive (it has an SSD cache) and did a clean
install of Windows 7 and started the migration.  So much fun.

I also installed Office 2003 and then Office 2010.  Now, even though
2003 is the default when I double click an access database, if I right
click in a directory and tell it to create a new database, it creates an
Access 2010 database.

Does anyone know where that property is stored / changed?

Windows is soooooo much fun.

I have to say I like Windows 7 much better than Vista.  I realize it is
really just Vista Service Pack 57 but it still just seems to work
better.

And I really like the combination of the Seagate XT drive and Windows 7
(clean install).  So far it is booting to the logon in just a few
seconds and from there to a usable desktop in just a few more seconds.
And yea, I know that it may not stay that way after installing /
uninstalling a jillion things.  But for today it feels like a brand new
computer.

jwcolby
Colby Consulting