[AccessD] Known Bugs List in A2K7/10

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Tue Oct 18 15:05:44 CDT 2011

Charlotte,

Thanks for the info.

Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Charlotte
Foust
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:06 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Known Bugs List in A2K7/10

I didn't work much with 2007, but I've been using a 2010 accdb based on
the
contacts template to handle an invitation list for a friend.  I wanted
print the Company name if it was Xyz Company and otherwise to print the
email address on a report listing the contacts.  In VB.Net, that would
have
been a no brainer.  In Access, I could not find any way to change the
visibility of a control on the subreport in the events of the subreport
(parent report unbound), so I finally was forced to use the
CanGrow/CanShrink properties to print both fields when they existed!  I
probably could have worked around it if I had wanted to struggle for
hours
with it, but I didn't.  I could have gone unbound if I could have found
the
appropriate event to use to populate a label or some such, or I could
have
juggled subreports I guess.  It was just so darn limiting, that I didn't
bother.

Charlotte Foust