[AccessD] Convert 2007/2010 to 2003

Asger Blond ab-mi at post3.tele.dk
Thu Oct 27 18:13:27 CDT 2011

You may be acclimated, but please don't loose your critical sense!
Problem is: the ribbon exposes a lot of fudge.
Just a couple from Excel -
You want to create a new macro by using the macro recorder, and you don't have the Developer tab on the ribbon (which is not there by default). By intuition, which tab would you choose? Insert - nope! Formulas - nope! Data - nope! View - off cause!!!
You want to insert a new worksheet. Which tab would you choose? Insert - nope! Just to help you I'll tell it's on the Home tab ... so then in which command group would you expect to find something like "insert a new worksheet"? Actually it's in the command group called "Cells" - as if a worksheet is a member of a cell (that's the child-parent issue, and having children I won't advise turning the hierarchy upside down).
And now because you turned me on:
One of the most productive innovations in Excel 2007/2010 for database folks is a feature called "Format as table". Great feature which has very little to with formatting (among others it makes it easy to insert new rows and columns in a table, and it makes updating a pivot table much easier than before). But where do you find this grand new feature? Data tab - nope! Insert tab - nope! Right answer is Home tab. So advised you have to find the command group on the tab. Nothing seems to match. But actually it's the Styles group, even if this feature has very little to do which styles and formatting.
Asger