[AccessD] Convert 2007/2010 to 2003

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Oct 28 07:38:14 CDT 2011

Hi Susan

That's my experience too. Users get used to the ribbon and most new machines have a preinstalled Office 2010 ... slowly the menus become "old-school".

In PowerPoint which I rarely use, the ribbon is a life-saver for me. Every feature is at hand with dynamic preview - for once I experienced to be in control at the first meeting with a powerful application. I have yet to experience the scroll feature mentioned by Arthur.

/gustav

>>> ssharkins at gmail.com 28-10-2011 13:45 >>>
Arthur, the folks that hate the ribbon are ... they're irate and they're
very vocal. They maintain that because few people champion it that everyone
hates it. I keep saying that's not exactly true. The people who have
adjusted are just going about their work and they don't care about those
conversations. :)

I might write about this, so thanks for the reminder. I've mentioned it on
the blog before, but can't hurt to mention it again. Another good one is
minimizing the ribbon -- that's one of the biggest complaints -- that the
ribbon takes up so much room. A quick double-click to a tab minimizes and
maximizes it. The ^ sign at the right border does the same thing. Kind of
beats the drop and drag stuff anyday, but people like what they're use to. I
don't blame them for not being thrilled about the move to the ribbon, but
... it is what it is. It's here, it's staying.

Susan H.