[AccessD] Windows can be so much fun

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Sun Oct 30 09:39:51 CDT 2011

The registry remains as one sensitive and complex beast.
That being said, one would think that MSFT would back it up automatically
with at least 5 rolling versions.
Nope - only 1....and strangely they make it difficult to get to the Restore
Point facility.
Cleaning up the registry does help with performance, and I recommend these
(in order:
1) Registry Fast
2) Win Utilities
3) CCleaner
4) Glary Utilities

> It is no damned wonder that the registry causes so many problems.
> I did find two specific places where there is a key called "registered
> user" which I changed to my name.  We shall see if that makes me the
registered user.