[AccessD] Filtering subform from parent form

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun Sep 25 20:14:27 CDT 2011

Dear List:

I'm trying to set the filter of a subform from parameters on the main form.
The first line is

    Me.subfrmAccountsReceivable.Form.Filter = ""

But it wasn't working - so I put:

   MsgBox Me.subfrmAccountsReceivable.Form.Filter

right after the first line and it prints "False"

After that first line there's code which I've written a dozen times to
accumulate the filtering criteria (in this case an account number and a >=
and <= date range) but always for the parent form - never for a sub form.

What am I doing wrong? (Besides not drinking some Scotch and making dinner
at 6:15 on Sunday night.)

MTIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software