[AccessD] Access versioning / tracking changes

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Sep 9 11:37:12 CDT 2011

Charlotte,

I do version control in my C# code, at least I check stuff in etc.  I really just use it for the
code repository, not really for versioning.  One problem I have is that I am solo.  I do not the
training to actually use a VCS to create and release versions, mark changes as verson XYZ etc.  I
use SVN and we check in changes, all that stuff.  But how is that used to roll back a specific change?

I dunno.

If I understood that I might have the impetus to get Access working with that but if all I am going
to do is check it in it seems less than useful.

In the case of my C# stuff it is still useful because we can be working on things locally and only
check in when it is tested etc.  I.e. I can use an older version until the latest changes seem to be
working.  Even so it would be nice to say I want to roll back just change xyz.