[AccessD] Numbers within a street

Asger Blond ab-mi at post3.tele.dk
Wed Sep 14 17:53:11 CDT 2011

But VAL wouldn't catch the street number 234A.
A function like this might do the work:

Function StreetNumber(Address As String) As String
    Dim strStreetNumber AS String
    strStreetNumber = Left(Address, InStr(Address, " "))
    If InStr(Address, "-") > 0 Then
        strStreetNumber = Left(Address, InStr(Address, "-") - 1)
    End If
    StreetNumber = strStreetNumber
End Function

Asger