[AccessD] Numbers within a street

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Wed Sep 14 18:42:14 CDT 2011

Arthur

I would sort the data first.

Then I would export it to Excel - your issue here will be the size of the
dataset although if you are using XL2007+ this is less of a hurdle

By having the data sorted you should be able to get the low hanging fruit
early. That is the "24 MyStreet Ave" and deal with them all pretty much in
one go.

You can then use the "Text to Columns" function to split the data.

If you do it in groups you might find you get a lot of it done easily.

Given how messy this sort of data is going to be, I feel eyeballing it
manually is going to be your best approach.  This will allow you to group it
into data chucks that you can then run a function or script over and get a
result.

Anyway. Good luck. It is usually a messy process as there are many
dissimilar valid combinations with address

Cheers
Darryl