[AccessD] Numbers within a street

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Sep 14 19:17:31 CDT 2011

Why Excel?  It's much easier in Access.  I do this a lot.

1. Add the new required new fields.
2. Run a query to update the fields where everything before the first space is numeric using
suitable functions.

3. Filter the table to only show records where the new fields are empty.
4. Look for the next  common pattern and update all records where the new fields are empty
with an appropriate function.

Repeat 3 and 4 until you get down to a small subset that is easier to update manually.

--
Stuart