[AccessD] SSDs and BE storage

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Sep 20 07:10:26 CDT 2011

Well, it seems I will be answering this question in the next few weeks.  The client is building a
server in the next couple of weeks, which will include a raid1 SSD as the data store.  Phase 1 of
the story will be to move the access BEs to that SSD and use that while we migrate the data into
something else (MySQL maybe).

My FE / framework logs the start / stop time  when opening forms so it should be easy to discover
whether the SSD makes things significantly faster.