[AccessD] SSDs and BE storage

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Sep 20 12:32:46 CDT 2011

The system they are building includes a latest generation 8 port Areca Raid controller, with 3x
120gb SSDs and 5X WD Black 1 gb drives.  We will be going Raid 5 with hot spare for the SSDs as well
as the rotating so it should be reasonably fast with a hardware controller to buffer things.

The SSD will be reserved for only the data store container files, which at first will be the Access
MDB files.  As we migrate to MySQL or SQL Server those data files will go on the SSD.