[AccessD] SSDs and BE storage

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Sep 24 07:16:09 CDT 2011

It is puzzling that they limited it to 4 gb of ssd.  Giving it 16 or 32 gigs would have really
opened up what it could cache to the point of having most of what my laptop uses on a daily basis.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/seagate_momentus_xt_500gb/

The review likes it but it clearly is not an ssd killer.

Still I think I am going to give it a whirl for my laptop.  I have been waiting for the big (220g)
ssds to drop to something I am willing to spend on my laptop and they simply are not doing so.