[AccessD] Calculating mileage

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Sep 28 06:08:03 CDT 2011

But... I have database records already in a database.  This is not about defining a solution for
data that does not exist and I would otherwise have to enter.  This is about defining a solution for
data that I (and any other user) must enter into the database to use the inmate pass program.

*It is already in the database*

This is about building a small program to do these calculations about data that has and *is going
to* accumulate in the course of doing business.

It appears that I am not able to get across to this list the fact that the records already exist in
a database.

Forget that I am driving.  *Just please forget that fact.*   I never said anything about actually
driving these miles, being in a car or anything else related to automobiles.

Now...

I have records in a database which have addresses in them.  I need to calculate driving distances
between those addresses.

Pleeeeeeaaaaaaase, I do not want nor do I need anything related to logging miles driven in a car.

I need a function which takes two addresses and hands back miles between those points, actual miles
that would be driven.

BUT I AM NOT DRIVING THOSE MILES.  The records are somehow just magically (poof) appearing in a table!