[AccessD] Calculating mileage

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Sep 28 06:47:00 CDT 2011

 > Just out of interest how do you work out the route to get the mileage?

I *thought* that was the precise question I asked in the first email of this thread.  How *do* I do
that?

My thought was to use a mapping program such as MapPoint.  MapPoint has VBA behind it and it has an
API.

AFAICT MapPoint and other such programs already pretty much calculate shortest distance.  That is
actually good enough and in fact what I want.  I pretty much don't care, not do I have any clue what
actual route was driven.  If the user wanted to take the inmate on a tour of another city while
driving them from point a to point be, that is not my concern.  What I actually need is "what would
a map program say was the route and what was that distance".

If I don't have an actual log (and I don't!!! and I CAN'T!!!) then this is what the IRS will want
for documentation.