[AccessD] Calculating mileage

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:58:50 CDT 2011

John,

I have previously used MapPoint to do this using VB6, I had a matrix table
of postcode sectors and calculated the shortest driving distance using that.
 However took quite a while as there were a few hundred thousand, and
couldn't get the code to calculate any quicker than about 2 seconds per
record.  However our old web developer (since left the company), wrote a PHP
page that interfaced with Google and this was much quicker, however I do not
know how he referenced Google etc.

Paul