[AccessD] OT Friday - Calculus Problem

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:28:59 CDT 2011

I can do it but I can't explain it well :)

if the position function is s(t) = -4.9t**2 + 200

then the function for the change of position in time (the velocity) is the
derivative of the first function (notice the apostrophe after the s).

s'(t) = -4.9 * 2 * t

solving for t= 4 gives you -39.2

Funny what you remember from high school!  Yes, I took calculus in high
school.  Newtonian calculus, at that, so I found university calculus a total
mind fzck.

Doug