[AccessD] VM loses connection briefly

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Apr 2 15:51:29 CDT 2012

I lost my vm server the other day and had to rebuild from scratch.  Now one of my VMs is losing
connection with the network for a few seconds periodically.  The time is every 30 seconds or so and
it loses connection for a few seconds.

*ANNOYING*!!

Of course it is also a very real issue (beyond the annoyance) because this is my DEV machine and
when the C# program loses connection the environment itself pops up a "source file lost" of some such.

I tried deleting the NIC of the VM and recreating it.  That didn't help.  It is possible that it is
the NIC drivers on the Hyper-V host.  I had a heck of a time getting the machine rebuilt because
this is a "consumer" motherboard and it doesn't think Server2008R2 is a valid OS.  I had to download
all the drivers to a thumb drive and install from there, one by one.  Who really knows whether I
have the latest drivers.

I have ordered an INTEL NIC card from NewEgg just to see if that is the issue.

I am wondering if anyone has ever seen this before?

Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it