[AccessD] Newegg.com - Kingston 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Registered DDR3 1333 Server Memory Model KVR1333D3D4R9S/8G

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Apr 3 14:23:19 CDT 2012

Hi Brad,

> Core dumps / Registers / Displacements
Yes. And JCL of course...

> COBOL Coding sheets .... punch cards
Coding sheets - yes, that were funny to fill that coding sheets to pass them to operators to get punch cards punched.
But that were rare occasions here - I usually got prepared punch cards by myself using noisy punchcard "punching" machines...

I have programmed mainly using IBM 360/370 Macro Assembler and some PL/1 and FORTRAN.
IBM 360/370 Macro Assembler was the best of macro assemblers ever existed I believe...

>  -  We have come a long ways!
Yes. And we're still proceeding not bad I suppose !  :)

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Tue, 3 Apr 2012 14:01:45 -0500 от "Brad Marks" <BradM at blackforestltd.com>:
> Shamil,
>
> Those were the days!
>
> IBM 360 Mod 40  (Year = 1975)
>
> COBOL Coding sheets .... punch cards
>
> We got one compile per day - made for some serious "desk checking"
>
> Core dumps / Registers / Displacements  -  We have come a long ways!
>
> :-)
>

> Brad

<<< snip >>>