[AccessD] Automate everything

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Apr 6 11:26:18 CDT 2012

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Administration/88600/

I started with the "Database from hell" validating addresses manually.  The first pass took
literally two weeks (~80 hours of my time) to validate 65 million addresses.  Today it takes the
time required to create a supervisor record and telling it to go.  The computer still takes an hour
to validate 2 million addresses but it takes me a minute or so.  I now validate ~300 million records
every month and have just added another 220 million records.

I use C# and SQL Server to automate this work.

Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it