[AccessD] How to Prevent a button from being printed on a report.

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Sun Apr 8 09:39:57 CDT 2012

All,

We have an Access Report that has three buttons near the top of the report.

The purpose of these buttons is to change the color of the report header section to green, blue, or yellow.

The different colors are used to differentiate between the "Accounting Copy", the "File Copy" and the "Production Copy".

This approach is being implemented to replace an older method of using different colored paper.

The users love this new approach because they can simply print the report on plain white paper and no longer need to load different colored paper into their printers.

We are seeing one small glitch that I would like to better understand and to resolve.

The "Display When" property is set to "Screen Only" for the three buttons.

However, if a user clicks on one of the buttons and then prints the report (Via the round Office Button in the upper left corner of the screen) the color button that was pushed is printed on the report.

We have found that if the user clicks on another place on the report (outside of the color button), then the button is not printed on the report.

I believe that this is related to the button "having focus", but I can't understand why it would still have focus after the Office button is pushed and "Print" is selected.

One more little tidbit.  Development is currently being done with Access 2007, and deployment is on Access 2010.  I am not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Thanks,
Brad