[AccessD] Access 2010 Problem ? Exporting a Report (with Sub-Reports) to a PDF file

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Sat Apr 21 18:50:03 CDT 2012

All,

We have started to experiment with Access 2010 (Runtime) and have hit a strange problem.

We have an Access 2007 reporting application that runs nicely (both “On Demand” reports via an Access form and “Automated Reports” that are scheduled and are pushed out via PDF files attached to e-mails).

When the report is run (automated via Windows Scheduler) Access 2010 crashes.  The message we receive is “Microsoft Access had encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience
 etc.)

The application was developed with Access 2007 and is being run with Access 2010 Runtime.

It seems to die when trying to export the report to a PDF file.

Other reports are successfully exported to PDF files by this same application.  The one report that doesn’t work is the only report with Sub-Reports, so I believe that the Sub-Reports are somehow related to the problem.

I am curious if anyone else has seen a problem with exporting an Access 2010 report (with sub-reports) to a PDF file.

Thanks,
Brad