[AccessD] The coming in-memory database tipping point. - SQL Server Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Sun Apr 22 13:10:38 CDT 2012

I guess you could say that, but I'd characterise it more like that Einsteins theories were more of a refinement of Netwons, while M theory (or more popularly known as string theory) is more like an attempt to describe everything that we currently know and fusing/combining many different branches of modern physics that have, up to this point, seemed impossible (having a unified theory that describes the very small (ie. quantum physics and subatomic forces) together with great but weak forces (such as gravity and space time)).

It's a lot more ambitious, at any rate. We know that Einstein is correct and we know that the standard model keeps on delivering time and time again, so the idea is to try to describe everything knowing what we currently know.

Hans