[AccessD] The Access Developer's Dilemma

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Apr 26 04:41:15 CDT 2012

> switched to Android
Well, Android  (+WebTop) is about to acquire(?) a big part of desktop market in "post-PC era":

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57417863-94/meet-googles-secret-weapon-for-fighting-apple-and-microsoft/?tag=content;siu-container

but hold - the referred above very interesting and detailed article informs that: "Webtop's biggest champion, Seang Chau, left Motorola... (and) jumped to Microsoft to lead the mobile division of Skype"...

Thank you.

--Shamil

P.S. I have a WinPhone 7.5 here as well as a couple of Android SmartPhones and Android Internet Pad powered by Tegra owned by my son.
I'm looking at WinPhone 7.5 - and I suppose it "feels" as a business device.
I'm looking and Android devices - and  they still "feel" as "powertoys".
I can be wrong but it's far from "MS to be beaten by Google or Apple" in "post-PC" war.
IMO they will coexist for a long time driving the mobile (and desktop) communication/computing consumer and business markets by high competition - for all businesses and consumers advantage...

Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:12:13 -0700 от David McAfee <davidmcafee at gmail.com>:
> MS has done it to us too many times, especially on the mobile side.
>
> Which is why when WM7 came out, we dropped support for them and switched to
> Android.
>

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Darryl Collins <
> darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au> wrote:
>
> > "Luckily I was able to figure out what was going on and put out an update
> > pretty quick"
> >
> > This sums up much of the upgrading existing apps to Office 2010
> > experience.  I pity the poor users in a corporate environment whose apps
> > just stop working after years of flawless performance.  Must happen a lot.
> >  A least many of us have the skills and or knowledge on how to fix this
> > stuff (or where to look to find possible solutions).  For some users it
> > really must be a struggle.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Darryl.

<<< tail skipped >>>