[AccessD] Strange happenings (Rather OT, but Advice is appreciated)

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 27 21:31:05 CDT 2012

Hi Darryl:

It seems doubtful that it was a viral type attack that ravished your system.
Even virus attacks will follow some sort of logical pattern. Now a days the
most powerful malware just attempts gain control of your system or capture
some importance personal data.

It would seem you are having a bit of hardware failure. Most times the
problems are related to hard drive failure but it can just as well be hard
drive control or even a motherboard failures. These type of issues are
usually initiated by local electrically problems, low power, lightning
storms and so on...learned from experience. Using a quality UPS/surge
protector can not be over-stated.

IOW, your hardware is most likely failing and it might be a good time to
replace some or all of your computer equipment before re-installing the
software and data. (There are a number of free and open source pieces of
hardware checking software out there if you wish to narrow down the
problem.)

HTH
Jim