[AccessD] How to Use SQL Server Stored Procedure as a Rowsource for Listbox

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 11:49:46 CDT 2012

Too bad you're not working with an ADP, or it would be as simple as:

me.lstSomeListBox.rowsource = "stpSomeStoredProcedure"

I guess, what you want to do is write a VBA function then call it on the
after update event of both comboboxes.

Warning, aircode:

Private Sub UpdateListBox()

Dim qdf As QueryDef
Dim strSQL as String

strSQL = "EXEC dbo.stpSomeStoredProcedure @Parm1=" & me.comboBox1
Set qdf = CurrentDb().QueryDefs("MyQueryNameHere")
qdf.SQL = strSQL

me.listbox1.Requery

End Sub

Of course, you'll have to add the 2nd parameter, trap for when they are
empty fields and such, but this should get you going.

HTH
David