[AccessD] Problem with an update query

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 02:29:54 CDT 2012

No one??

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Benson, William
(GE Global Research, consultant)
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 11:29 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Problem with an update query

I am getting a message "You won't be able to undo the changes this action
query is about to make to the data in a linked table or tables. Do you want
to run the query anyway?"

However, the only linked tables in the below query is YVIEW. I am not
updating a linked table!

So then I click OK to run the query and get a message "Updating the data in
a linked table is not supported by this ISAM"

How can I get past this?

UPDATE (YVIEW
	LEFT JOIN TblCMF AS Cust1 ON
		YVIEW.SITE_DUNS_NO = Cust1.DUNS_NUMBER)
	LEFT JOIN TblCMF AS DOM ON
		Cust1.MAS_DOM_ULT_DUNS = DOM.DUNS_NUMBER SET
YVIEW.DOM_CUSTOMER_NAME = [DOM].[CUSTOMER_NAME];