[AccessD] Open Multiple Instances of a Form and passing aparameter

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 09:53:12 CDT 2012

John,

I'm a believer in classes too.I don't have a framework built so for this
contract, I whipped up a form class to handle stuff I wanted standardized
in all my forms without having to rewrite the code in every form (I'm only
up to about 30 forms so far, so it's not critical, just a very big help).
Of course you still have to turn on the shell of the routine in the forms
because of Access's peculiarities, but I can handle things like the msgbox
letting the user know that the current record can't be saved and asking
what to do with it the same way in every form without copying and pasting.
There's plenty of code in each of those forms, so they don't miss having a
few things offloaded to a central class.  Mine isn't pure class usage
because I'm in a tearing hurry (can you say "contract"?) to make it work,
but it saves a lot of time in wiring up new forms to basic functionality.

Charlotte